ASC accredits certification bodies to ISO/IEC Standard 17021 which specifies requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems. This accreditation demonstrates to the marketplace, stakeholders and regulators that the bodies have met the ASC accreditation requirements and are periodically monitored for compliance.
ASC Accreditation for Management System Certification Bodies
- Demonstrates compliance with ISO/IEC 17021
- Provides the credentials that ensure certification marks will have acceptance in the marketplace and by governmental agencies that regulate service or product acceptance
- ASC accreditation is accepted by regulators and the marketplace
- Assurance of competence and best practices
- Reduce duplication of audits by other third-party providers