How to use the ASC accreditation symbols
ASC accredited organisations, and in the case of certification bodies their certificated clients, are able to benefit from visually identifying their status through the use of the national accreditation symbols. In doing so however the organisation displaying them shall not mislead anyone; devalue or degrade the symbols; use them illegally (they are protected trade marks); or use them contrary to the recognised accreditation standards and/or associated guides.
All ASC accredited organisations wishing to use the national accreditation symbols must do so in accordance with the conditions detailed in website user agreement
ASC encourages the use of the national accreditation symbols for promotional purposes provided the conditions of the Accreditation Logo & Symbols are met. A summary is provided below but if you wish guidance or clarification contact Comms@asc-accredit.com
If you are an ASC accredited organisation you may use the symbols on:
- Certificates and reports relating to those activities covered under your ASC accreditation. Any unaccredited results or information contained in the certificate or report must be clearly disclaimed
- Quotations and estimates. These shall however, clearly indicate those activities which are not ASC accredited.
- Corporate Stationery e.g. letterheads, compliment slips, invoices
- Internal Walls and doors
- Exhibition stands
- Websites – This is provided the extent and limitations of the accreditation held is clearly described. For example accredited testing of calibrations laboratories may use the symbol on all pages of its website provided they have a clear statement/disclaimer alongside the symbol describing the extent/limitation of its accreditation i.e. “Our accreditation is limited to those activities described on our ASC schedule of accreditation found here.”
The ASC accreditation symbols may not be used on:
- Buildings and Flags
- Goods or products unless these have been manufactured under an accredited product conformity scheme.
- Primary packaging e.g. blister packs
and in the case of the national accreditation symbols for certification activities may not be used on:
- Reports and certificates issued by Laboratories, Inspection bodies, Proficiency Testing Providers, Reference Material Producers and Medical Diagnostic Service Providers.
Copies of the national accreditation symbols are available to organisations directly accredited by ASC by Comms@asc-accredit.com, quoting your accreditation number.