ASC accredits inspection agencies to ISO/IEC Standard 17020. This accreditation process involves an assessment of the agencies competence for performing inspections and the consistency of their inspection activities. ASC accredits agencies that perform inspections of materials, products, installations, processes or services.
ASC Accreditation for Inspection Agencies
- Demonstrates compliance with ISO/IEC Standard 17020.
- ASC offers prompt, personal service, including rapid scheduling of assessments to meet the needs of inspection agencies.
- Accreditation serves as an internationally recognized “stamp of approval” for industry and regulators.
- Accreditation increases the recognition and acceptance of inspection reports across domestic and national borders.
- Accreditation helps to reduce costs for manufacturers and exporters by reducing or eliminating the need for re-inspecting in another economy.